Getting to Know Your Partner
Pair Exercise: Share Career Backgrounds
- Job Title
- Educational background
- What did you do prior to a career in research development?
- What is your research development experience?
- Is there something in your personal life you may want to share?
Pair Exercise: Past Mentoring Experiences
Answer these questions and share your answers with your partner.
Think about a mentor you have had, informally or formally, who supported your professional or personal growth. The mentor could be a colleague, a friend, a teacher, a current or past supervisor etc.
- What did the mentor do that you found particularly helpful or impactful?
- What challenges, if any, did you face in the relationship?
Pair Exercise: Identify Memorable Learning Experiences
- Recall two or three memorable work experiences when you were learning very quickly in a challenging situation.
- Share your experience with your mentor/mentee to understand how the other learns.
- Use the table below to answer questions about these work experiences.